Hiring Organization / Company: Public Storage
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage currently has an excellent opportunity for a Development Director to be based in Los Angeles or Orange County, CA. The Development Director will report to the Regional Vice President of Development. The successful candidate will work with the RVP to take our projects from concept to completion. Successful candidate will participate with team members on acquisition, city/county coordination, site and building design, permitting, design meetings, construction administration and acts as the representative of the owner. This position will be responsible for preparation of site investigation reports, cost at completion reports, project status reports and maintaining project files. The successful candidate will have knowledge of real estate transactions, general contracting methods, be detail oriented and purpose driven to set and meet deadlines.
- Analyze and evaluate the business needs of company to align project requirements, cost projections, construction objectives and profit goals with each project.
- Perform site evaluations and make recommendations for site selections.
- Take a leadership role on the collaboration with various departments throughout the development process to ensure timely completion of all objectives and milestones.
- Oversee the entitlement, design, construction and scheduling processes of each project.
- Develop feasibility modeling, including capital costs budgeting, pro forma return measurements and valuation methodologies.
- Understands project entitlements and implementation of approval requirements.
- Create “currency” for negotiations with Governmental authorities to achieve project approvals.
- Manage multiple complex entitlement and development projects simultaneously.
- Other projects and duties expected of a development manager of the real estate department.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required with preference in Business Administration Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the development of multiple properties and/or retail chain development experience deleted 5. it would be hard to believe someone with only 5 years’ experience would be ready.
- Experienced in leading teams
- Experience leveraging broker communities
- Proven experience in the underwriting and valuation of development opportunities; land acquisitions and underwriting transactions
- Strong analytical, problem solving, strategic planning, and project management skills
- Knowledge to assess and mitigate risks in the transaction, entitlement and development processes
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to sell your ideas and the rationale behind them
- Has exhibited a high degree of self-motivation, integrity and success in past endeavors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Location Information:
Location: Glendale, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs at the moment. Typically, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a few folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be easy if you recognize where to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an unbelievable and regularly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often supply important training, belongings, and programs for process seekers. These corporations can be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running experience. A easy Web test for job firms to your areashould uncover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The top objective for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services can repeatedly be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform neatly all the way through their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.