Hiring Organization / Company: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Under moderate supervision; installs, maintains, repairs and modifies advanced communications systems carrying voice, data and video information.
Example Of Duties
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs advanced electronic equipment and systems, including, but not limited to, microwave systems, multiplex systems, data communications systems, radio base and repeater systems, fiber optic systems, computer aided dispatch systems, automatic vehicle monitoring systems, alarm systems and telephone systems
- Sets up and operates audio and video equipment in the Board Room and other locations
- Installs and maintains video cameras, video and audio tape recorders, public address systems, and related equipment
- Installs network cabling in walls, ceilings and conduit; installs patch panels, data plugs, jacks, and wall plates
- Programs and operates manual and automated test equipment to aid in the troubleshooting and repair of electronic circuit boards and modules
- Performs bench repair of electronic equipment to the unit level
- Suggests, designs, and performs modifications to electronic communication equipment and servicing methods
- Organizes vehicle and shop area and restocks supplies
- Creates and updates as-built drawings and other technical documentation
- Prepares routine records and narrative reports of maintenance activity
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
- 4 years' journey-level experience performing preventive and remedial maintenance of communications equipment, advanced training in digital electronics, and advanced communications
- Up to 2 years' full-time training or education in DC, AC, semiconductor devices, AM/FM radio theory, advanced communications, and digital electronics at a recognized trade school or apprenticeship program may be substituted for 2 years' experience
- Valid commercial General Radio/Telephone Operators License issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Valid California Class C driver's license
- Certification in network cabling and/or network systems (LAN/WAN) is highly desirable
- Methods, materials, equipment, and safety procedures used in the installation, operation and maintenance of microwave, advanced communications, fiber optic, category 5 cable, audio, video, telephone, public address, and alarm systems
- Category 5 cable specifications, limitations and requirements
- Vehicle operations and safety
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Communicate effectively with others
- Analyze trouble in advanced telecommunications equipment at a system-wide level, and isolate the cause of the problem to the unit level
- Install, maintain, and operate microwave, advanced communications, audio, video, telephone, and alarm systems
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Install and maintain two-way radio equipment
- Climb to heights up to 125 feet
- Lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Travel to offsite locations within a reasonable timeframe
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
Job Location Information:
City: Los Angeles County, Ca
Location: Los Angeles County, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Typically, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are a couple of other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you already know the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and often lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide essential coaching, assets, and programs for task seekers. Those corporations will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A easy Internet experiment for job firms in your areaought to discover where and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide corporations the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into an enduring process for the people who perform neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.