Hiring Organization / Company: Public Storage
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Tax Specialist to perform various property tax functions and administrative activities for the Property Tax Department. The position is located out of the corporate office in Glendale, CA. The Tax Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Initiate new property files for real property
- Interact with government and regulatory officials, outside auditors, tax consultants and tax personnel from other companies to gather information.
- Provides assistance with annual tax activities
- Open returns, track receipt of personal property tax returns, return preparation, and filing
- Acquire, input and pay Personal Property Tax bills
- Unclaimed Property - prepare returns, file returns, and respond to internal and external questions
- Create spreadsheets to calculate tax and prepare manual returns
- Organize , input and file Real Property Assessment notices and Appeal Related documents
- Provide general clerical duties and support for department as needed
- Work on special projects as needed
- A minimum of 1- 2 years of personal property tax
- Proficient on PC and Microsoft Suite of programs (Office, Word, Excel)
- Good attention to detail with strong follow-up skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work within a deadline-driven environment
- The ability to work independently and as a member of the team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Location Information:
Location: Glendale, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. Typically, you’re going to have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if where to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are tips to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an improbable and frequently overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms usually supply critical training, belongings, and techniques for activity seekers. Those corporations will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areamust uncover the place and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip function for that may be to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can usually be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into an enduring process for the individuals who carry out smartly throughout their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.