Hiring Organization / Company: Mount Carmel Health Ministries
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Universal Worker Care Assistant
Position Type: Non-exempt
Department/Group: RCFE (Casa Convent)
Employer: Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
Reports To: Carmelite Clinical Care Coordinator; PM position reports to the Support Team Supervisor
Status: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Casa Convent is dedicated in a special way to the care of our senior sisters. The reason for our existence in community is to stand in the Presence of the Living God and with Mary to make the passionate love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus known to the world. At the Casa Convent we live and work together for this purpose. All our lay staff helps us to protect and enhance our Carmelite spiritual and communal life as it is lived by the sisters in this local community. We provide a warm and secure environment in our religious community that is fully Catholic and Carmelite and that provides for the physical, spiritual and emotional health of our senior sisters. We strive to maintain optimal psycho-social health and wellness through social stimulation and interpersonal community relationships as consecrated religious.
Purpose of Position:
The general purpose of your job is to provide support to the elder sisters in their activities of daily living (ADLs), to perform various services in relation to the general upkeep and cleanliness of the buildings and equipment of the Carmelite Sisters, and to participate in the tasks required for the general running of the convent.
Skills and Job Requirements:
- Prioritize and perform multiple assignments, including assisting with resident (elder Sisters?) needs, under time pressure and deadlines with accuracy while maintaining a positive disposition
- Work well independently as well as part of a team to accomplish deadlines and tasks requested by supervisor
- Take responsibility for his/her actions
- Training in conflict resolution, mediation, and handling difficult people
- Converse with residents (elder Sisters) in a familiar and respectful manner that exhibits patience and tact
- Keen awareness and observation skills to identify reportable changes in residents and/or their environment
- Must be able to read English and follow manufacturer?s instructions on equipment and all products used to perform the duties of this job
- Operation of cleaning equipment including, but not limited to: vacuum, buffer, wringer, scrubber and carpet cleaning machine
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques and basic sanitation/hygiene for environmental care
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education annually in accordance with state regulations
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position, or in keeping with the individual?s skills and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist residents (elder Sisters) with personal care including, but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming and hygiene as indicated by the personal care plan
- Assist residents (elder Sisters) with ambulation as indicated by the care plan
- Assist with meal service both in the dining room and for meal tray delivery to individual rooms
- Document all care rendered to residents (elder Sisters) on the appropriate/designated charts and forms provided
- Report all change in mental and physical condition, social behavior, and emotional or physical needs to Administrator (Carmelite Clinical Care Coordinator)
- Make regular rounds of building at designated intervals in order to monitor residents (elder Sisters) and safety of environment
- Transport/escort residents (elder Sisters) to doctor?s appointments, religious and social events
- Encourage residents (elder Sisters) to participate in activities; prepare and lead activities as assigned
- Prepare snacks for residents (elder Sisters) when requested by resident and assist in meal preparation according to menu instructions
- Clean resident (Sisters?) rooms and care areas as assigned according to facility and regulatory guidelines and maintain their orderliness at all times
- Launder personal clothing and linens of residents (elder Sisters), as well as common laundry, as needed
- Remove all waste, including infectious waste, from assigned area according to established schedule and proper infection control techniques
- Perform general cleaning of public areas, common rooms, offices, hallways, rest rooms, elevators, outside corridors and stairways, balconies, patios, laundry rooms, and any other assigned area
- Dusts, cleans, and polishes woodwork, furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping of floors
- Cleaning of windows and glass
- Change light bulbs and batteries in facility as needed to keep lights and equipment in working order at all times. Complete a work order if special skill is needed for some types of changes
- Use cleaning materials and supplies, and prepare solutions according to standard formulas
- Restock personal hygiene paper products and soap dispensers in various locations throughout the facility
- Observe and report all potential hazards to supervisor; perform any immediate action required within ability to prevent hazard actuation
- Respond to emergencies, call 9-1-1 as appropriate and assist with evacuation in case of fire or emergency
- Dispense medication to residents for self-administration as prescribed by the physician
- Document all medication activity on record keeping tools required by organization?s practice and state licensing regulations in an accurate manner (without error) and with the most current information regarding each individual residents? medication
- Adhere to professional dress code that reflects the mission of the Carmelite Sisters with excellent grooming and appearance
- Follow all guidelines in the handbook and policies, as well as, all safety procedures established by Carmelite Sisters.
- Attend all in-services, meetings and other training required by this position
- Ambient temperatures that are higher than 74°F to preserve comfort of residents
- Exposure to chemicals, needles and bodily fluids
- Be on feet for extending periods of time either walking or standing in one place
- Intermittently walk 5 acre campus
- Is subject to regular interruptions in request for assistance
- Exposure to dust and chemicals that are potential irritants
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds alone, and a minimum of 50 pounds in partnered lifting to a height of 5-7 feet
- Ability to push/pull or move a minimum of 250 pounds for a distance of 5,000 feet
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat and crouch
- Ability to stand and walk about for long periods of time
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Certified Nurses Assistant Certification and maintain current
- CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain current
- At least 18 years of age
- Criminal record clearance and official state documentation to such
- Speak, read and write English in a manner that can be clearly understood
Employer: Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
Location: Duarte, CA
Full Time: 40 hours/week, Night Shift. Days off may vary
Hourly Rate: $15.00/hour
Available Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental; Vacation, Sick and Holiday benefits; Life and AD&D Insurance; 403b Retirement Plan, Hartford Voluntary Insurance options including: Short Term Disability, Group Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity insurances.
Job Location Information:
Location: Alhambra, Ca 91801
Date Posted: 2021-05-04
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Normally, you’ll have no clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be easy if you know the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an unbelievable and commonly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently supply critical coaching, belongings, and methods for job seekers. These companies may also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Web test for job firms on your areaought to discover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The top objective for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into an enduring job for the individuals who carry out neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money whilst cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.